In the age of technology, we have access to psychological services from everywhere. Clients can talk to their therapist online from home, the office, or even while working abroad or on vacation. Dr. Ryan is licensed to practice telemedicine in New York and Colorado.
Commuting to appointments can be a challenge. If your therapist is not located nearby, your one-hour appointment could turn into a three-hour time commitment, including travel time. Or perhaps, for various reasons, you feel more comfortable in your home.
Individual and couples counseling online
More and more people are taking advantage of online therapy. For some of us, online counseling is the only way we can attend therapy sessions. You may benefit from online counseling if:
- You don’t have time to commute to my office
- You live in a rural area and do not have access to a therapist
- You feel more comfortable in the privacy of your own home
- You are working or traveling abroad
- You have moved to a new city and do not want to find a new therapist.
With online couples counseling, you don’t have to leave the comfort of your home, hotel room, or other remote location. Online couples counseling may be for you if:
- You and your partner live in a remote area without access to counselors
- Your schedules are busy and hard to coordinate
- You and your partner prefer counseling in the privacy of your home
- One or both of you are only able to make time for appointments outside of regular business hours
- You and your partner are in a long-distance relationship, so online counseling makes it easier for both of you to be present
- One or both of you are unable to travel for health reasons
Online counseling can match the intimate setting of my counselor’s office. You and your partner are able to work with me in your own environment separately or together. You will not be distracted by new settings, and I am still able to discern your body language over video.
Telemedicine in New York and Colorado
Dr. William J. Ryan is a clinical psychologist, providing individual and couples therapy in Brooklyn, New York. He works with adults, children, couples, and families. He specializes in discernment and divorce counseling.